Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

14 September 2013

The Colorado State Fair


On August 24th Pat and I went to the State Fair in Pueblo, principally because one of my favorite recording artists, Dwight Yoakam, was playing right after the rodeo.  I don't like country music, but I love Dwight Yoakam. LOVE.  Words cannot express this enough. For 20 years I've been an ENORMOUS fan of his music (really, enormous is an understatement), but I've never seen him perform live. So it was a Very Big Deal for me to finally be able to see Dwight sing his songs, and he was amazing. Unforgettable. I took a lot of pictures of him onstage. I'll post one tomorrow.

Pat and I hit the midway after Dwight's show.  It was so much fun. We haven't been to the fair in a few years, mostly because wedding season is a huge drag on my time and energy during August.  But I always have a ton of fun on years when we do go to the fair, and this year was no different.  Of course we indulged in all the gut bomb food (cotton candy, corn dogs for Pat, Indian fry bread for me), and we just walked around and did some people watching. The State Fair is the best for people watching! I brought along a fisheye lens and shot with it almost exclusively.  Here are a few of my favorite images.






3 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Cool shots with the fisheye. I especially like the monochrome cotton candy/apple wagon.

I have been watching the news and CO is really getting hit hard; now Boulder as well as the Springs. I hope it ends soon. Barb

Randy said...

Corn dog and Ice Cream, heaven.

Tamera said...

Barbara it's been bad for certain the last few days. I shot a wedding today and got rained on! But it let up enough for the ceremony, which was great. We got lucky!