Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

16 November 2013

My neighbor Lloyd, 93 year old WWII veteran


This is my neighbor, Mr. B, who lives two doors up from me. He's 93 years old and a decorated veteran of World War II. I have photographed Mr. and Mrs. B and their family before but that was several years ago, so I thought it was high time for another portrait sitting. I chose to do them on Veterans Day for the obvious reasons. You can see many more images from our session HERE. I'm very honored to have a war hero as a neighbor!

8 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

You have put together a lovely tribute to your neighbour. Wonderful photo of the photos.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots, Tamera. You really capture their personalities in the full collection.

Tamera said...

Thanks guys! :^)

Randy said...

That's an amazing shot. They were a beautiful couple when they were young.

JL LEAL said...

Muy buena!!!
Excellent!!

b.c. said...

wonderful! i really love this

Kris said...

did he tell you his war stories?
I just was imagining what he'd been through..for me some kind of scenes from band of brothers.

Tamera said...

Kris, he's never told me much about the war, other than the basics. His wife Helen told me that he never even told her about it until the last ten years or so. He kept it all to himself.