Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

27 February 2014

The view from a mile up


Standing on the steps of the Colorado State Capitol Building in Denver and looking west, this is the view you see. The statue is of a Civil War soldier. The obelisk behind him, visible just beyond his right elbow, is in a section of Lincoln Park that honors veterans. The large edifice in the distance is the Denver City and County Building, and every year during the holiday season is it lit up in a truly spectacular manner! (I'll just google that for you and post a link HERE.)

The plaza in front of the capitol is separated from the street by a decorative fence that features our state flower (the columbine), our state bird (the lark bunting), and so on. In the late afternoon, the slanting sun shines through it and casts a delightful shadow.


4 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful shots from the steps of the State Capitol building! Love the sun and the shadows, just awesome.
Nancy

Randy said...

Great view. I like the shadows too.

William Kendall said...

That's a remarkable statue and quite a view!

JL Leal said...

Buen contraluz!