Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 September 2014

Vail road trip (part 2)


Pretty little Fairplay, population 679, sits on the other side of Hoosier Pass from Breckenridge. While Breckenridge is usually buzzing with skiers and snowboarders during the wintertime and tourists during the summer, Fairplay has a slower, small town vibe. The historic Park County Courthouse and Jail, built in 1874, is still in use in the center of town. Apparently it's the oldest working courthouse in Colorado. I think it's very photogenic against the bright blue sky! Fairplay, by the way, is in the part of Colorado known as South Park -- yes, that South Park, which is essentially based on life in this tiny town.




There are a couple of pretty cool little houses across the street from the courthouse. I wonder how old they are. This log cabin looks like it must have been built around the time Fairplay was founded, in 1872.

The cabin's next door neighbor is equally charming. I think it looks like a farmhouse.

Tomorrow I'll post one last image from  my short trip to Vail!

3 comments:

Birdman said...

This stonework reminds me of Jack's post in CT today.

William Kendall said...

Quite a striking courthouse. The spiral stairs on the side particularly draw my eyes.

Randy said...

Love the stone house.