Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 April 2015

Spring takes a step forward!


Yesterday's post was about snow, and today's post is about sunshine, because that's the way we roll in Colorado Springs. Friday started out with snow, accompanied by tremendous booms of thunder that seemed to last forever. Eventually the snow gave way to rain, then by noon it was sunny and warm. Even by Colorado Springs standards, the weather was weird! Of course by nighttime it had gone chilly and rainy again, so who knows how today's weather will play out. But I certainly enjoyed the brief few hours of sunshine during the afternoon. Here's a reminder that spring will eventually prevail. I found these cheerful tulips in front of a beautiful old Craftsman home on Nevada Avenue in the Old North End, just north of Van Buren Street. You can see the remnants of Thursday's snowstorm on the lawn beyond the white picket fence. I won't kid myself that we won't see another snowstorm before winter takes a bow, but it's sure nice to see some signs of life here and there!

4 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

We call that April Weather in Sweden.

William Kendall said...

The tulips must be wondering if they came out too early.

Randy said...

Lovely Spring shot.

Anonymous said...

I really like your photo. At the first sight, I thought it was painted stripes on a white wall ...