Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 August 2015

August 2015 Theme Day: Bicycle!


The first of every month is Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers, and this month's theme is bicycle. I have to admit that wedding and portrait season is eating me alive right now and I can just barely manage to blog something every day. I haven't had any time at all to get out there and find an interesting bicycle to photograph, so I found myself on the last day of July with no picture for Theme Day and no ideas! Then I remembered this sculpture where Bijou and Kiowa make a fork in the road, just to the west of St. Mary's Cathedral. So after dinner, Pat and I made a quick trip downtown to take some pictures of it. I've driven past this sculpture about a billion times but I've never looked at it up close, mostly because it's in the middle of two very busy streets! At that hour, the traffic was very light, so getting a shot of it was easy. It's called "Trailblazer", and the artist is Fred Darpino. As you know, Colorado Springs has a thriving bicycle culture, and mountain biking is one of the most popular sports around here. This sculpture is a perfect fit for our city. In fact, as I was photographing it, a cyclist sped past me, only inches from my lens!

For more Theme Day photos from CDP bloggers all over the world, click HERE. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Mike Nice said...

That statue is a great capture of the bicycling experience!

Kate said...

Isn't it grand that cities are providing space for the growing number of cyclists? This is a wonderful contribution to theme day and a lovely sculpture. The Twin Cities is always at the top of cities in the growing number of cyclists.

Gunn said...

What a nice and artistic find!

Denton said...

very nice and a positive image ... congratulations on your busy work schedule.

from Madrid said...

Las primeras estatuas que veo yo de gente con bici.
El otro día me sorprendiste al ver tu pregunta en espanol.

Tomás

William Kendall said...

An impressive sculpture, and I like the church in the background.

Miss G said...

We bike past this statue when we go downtown that way! Kelly

Julie said...

I like this sort of uber-realistic sculpture, which is apearing more and more in my city. Gives balance to the more allegorical statues of the 19th century.

Tamera said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm just glad I managed to come up with a picture at all. Ha!

Tomás, que estudió español y francés en la universidad. Disfruto la oportunidad de hablar cualquier idioma cada vez que puedo, pero ¡por desgracia soy muy incompetente ahora!

AsAeenBySusan said...

I particularly like that it is of a woman. Alone. By herself. Riding her bike.

Shantaram said...

Beautiful sculpture!

LOLfromPasa said...

It is a perfect choice. Don't work too hard :-).