Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 January 2016

A relic from another time


I was at the Mining Exchange on Friday, the first day of 2016, to shoot a wedding. Before I reported for duty I took this picture of the enormous, ornate, walk-in safe in the lobby. The Mining Exchange is a historic building and an integral part of the region's history. It was as important to the economy of the American west in its day as the New York Stock Exchange is to our country's economy now. It's only natural that a there would be a giant safe in the lobby! The building was completely remodeled and fashioned into a chic hotel in recent years. I always enjoy working there.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful detail on this safe! They don't build them like this anymore.

Tamera said...

I agree, William. It really is a beautiful old safe.