Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 April 2016

Adam's Mountain Café


Back to posting about my lovely city! Technically, today's pictures come from Manitou Springs, not Colorado Springs, but no matter. Adam's Mountain Café is one of my favorite restaurants. It's a local institution that's been in business since 1985. In fact, several of my friends have worked there over the years! I love the menu, which features creative takes on all kinds of cuisines, and also offers delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. Everything is a locally sourced as possible. I took my mom to Adam's for lunch yesterday. I had the vegetarian burrito and she had the Senegalese vegetables (spicy!). For lunch we shared a flourless chocolate cake drizzled with warm caramel sauce. Yum! Apologies for the bad cell phone pictures. After taking several days off from photography and blogging only vacation pictures for the last week, I completely forgot to bring a real camera with me. Later today I have a small wedding to shoot, so it's back to the proverbial grindstone for me! But no complaints here -- I love my particular grindstone :^) 
Another great reason to dine at Adam's is the large collection of Charles Rockey paintings. Rockey is a local treasure. He paints images of Manitou Springs almost exclusively, in a style heavily influenced by Van Gogh. It's lovely, lively and beautiful work. I have always wanted to own a Rockey painting! You can see at least a couple dozen of them adorning the walls of Adam's.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Rockey's style appeals to me. That dessert looks to die for!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I visit, we always go with my mom to Adams Mtn! It is one of her favorites. The Senegalese vegetables are a bit too spicy for me! KT