Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 May 2016

In search of music


Much of my misspent youth (and money) was whiled away in this legendary Denver record store. I'd skip school and drive to Denver just to go to Wax Trax. I still have every record I've ever bought there, most of them obscure American and British punk, hardcore and alternative bands. Pat and I made an impromptu drive to Denver last week, hoping to drop in at Wax Trax to pick up some vinyl, but alas it closes at 7:00pm and we got there at 7:04! That's okay, there's always next time. Wax Trax is the best kind of rabbit hole. It's really no good to go there at closing time, because you'll want to spend hours browsing through their endless multitude of music! We ended up at Twist and Shout instead, another great Denver record store, where we bought four or five LPs. Wax Trax, we love you and we'll be back soon!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I imagine I'd enjoy the selection in there.