Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

23 December 2016

Donna's Brok'n Spoke Western Shop


Donna's Brok'n Spoke (2345 E. Boulder St.) has been here for decades, and I have never been inside. The mechanic that I mainly use for my Mini Cooper is across the street, and since I was there yesterday, I took advantage of the opportunity to grab a picture. I have always wanted to get a shot of that rearing stallion. Like I said, I've never been inside Donna's Brok'n Spoke, but I've peered in the windows and can see that the place is crammed to the rafters with stuff. Tons and tons of stuff. According to THIS great article in the Gazette, the Brok'n Spoke is a treasure trove of horse-related flotsam, western duds, and other random odds and ends, some of it decades old, just waiting for you to come in and snatch it up. It's one of those places that still magically exist in your city if you just look past the corporate box stores and chain restaurants. The next time I'm at my mechanic I'm definitely going to Donna's Brok'n Spoke. Who knows what I'll find!
Just in case you were wondering, why yes there really is a broken spoke at Donna's Brok'n Spoke. ;^)

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

From the sound of the interior, I wonder if it's a fire hazard!

Tamera said...

It probably is!