Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

29 August 2017

The home of Molly Brown


After checking out the Denver Modernism Show on Sunday (see yesterday's post), Pat and I had a bite to eat at Pete's Kitchen, our favorite Denver diner. While we were eating I mentioned that the Molly Brown House had crossed my mind recently, and I understood that it was reasonably close to Pete's. I've always wanted to tour it because I'd heard it was haunted (oooooo!), and of course also because I'm slightly obsessed with Colorado history, as you know! If you don't know who Molly Brown was, here's a one sentence description: Born of humble means, she became wealthy when her husband struck it rich in the gold mines of Leadville, Colorado; she later became famous for surviving the Titanic disaster and was posthumously nicknamed The Unsinkable Molly Brown. If you saw the blockbuster Titanic movie, you may remember that she was portrayed by Kathy Bates.

Anyway, with a little bit of googling we found that the Molly Brown House is mere blocks from Pete's Kitchen, so off we went! It only took a couple of minutes to get there. Since it was late Sunday afternoon, the place was closed, but I was able to get some nice pictures of the exterior. One of these days I'll take the time to actually go in there and take the tour. I'd love to see the interior and learn more of its history.






1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Marvelously eclectic! I love the look of it.