Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 February 2009

Chain saw art


Ah yes, chain saw art. It's so... rustic. I photographed this fellow in Manitou Springs yesterday. I have driven past this fine establishment on Manitou Avenue countless times. They always have a couple dozen chain saw bears lined up in front for sale, just like this guy. I've never been tempted to stop until now. I thought it might make an entertaining photo for the blog.

I noticed that they have now branched out into gigantic chain saw garden gnomes. I didn't take a photo of one though, because I was freezing half to death and I just wanted to get back into my nice, warm car. So for today please just admire this bear. Another time I'll go back and shoot a gnome for you. :o)

4 comments:

Lowell said...

Thanks for stopping. My daughter lives in Cotopaxi and has a couple of bears that look like they were made with chainsaws. Either that or the carver wasn't too good.

Nice photo.

Walker said...

Good capture, cute-cute-cute.

Lois said...

I have never heard of chainsaw art before! I like the bear.

Lisa Wilson said...

I am presenting you with a Kreativ Blogger award!

Please pick up your award at http://telluridedailyphoto.blogspot.com/

If you wish, you may then transmit this award to seven other deserving bloggers, but that is not a requirement if you prefer not to do so.