Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 March 2010

The Trolley Car Museum


Did you know that Colorado Springs has a museum dedicated to streetcars? It's called the Colorado Springs and Interurban Railway Museum and it's operated by the Pikes Peak Historical Railway Foundation. It's located in the charming neighborhood called Roswell (see yesterday's post), and I never visited the museum until this week! On Wednesday my mom and I made a quick stop to check it out. I took a few shots of some of awesome streetcars and trolleys they had there, and as I was snapping away one of the volunteers beckoned me into a large hangarlike building, where this beautiful specimen was housed. This streetcar was built in 1919 and was in service in Fort Collins, Colorado until about the 1950s. According to the placard, it cost about $6,000 to build. Imagine that! I suppose that was a princely sum in 1919.

Since my mom was waiting in the car, I didn't have time to linger and enjoy all the great streetcars at the museum. I plan on going back with Pat soon and spend an afternoon there.

4 comments:

Clytie said...

Humph. I lived in CS for 3 years and never heard of it! Too bad! It looks like a really nice place to spend an afternoon just exploring.

Louis la Vache said...

Fascinating! «Louis» had no idea this was in Colorado Springs.

karen said...

This is an awesome place to visit-small yet chock full of interesting items to look at and great folks to talk trains and trolleys with!!

Anonymous said...

Even the Visitors Bureau hadn't heard about this one. Must check it out soon.