Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 June 2011

Hibbard's Department Store



This is the Hibbard's Building, which used to house Hibbard & Co., an old fashioned department store that operated for generations at this address on Tejon Street. Those of us who've lived here a long time can remember shopping there. Hibbard's carried clothes, jewelry, cosmetics, shoes... all the stuff you'd find at a modern day department store, but in a late 1800's building. Four floors of shopping, it was great! Hibbard's finally closed its doors in 1996. I did plenty of shopping there when it was still open, and I fondly remember the old fashioned elevator. I'm sad that Hibbard's has been turned into lofts and commercial space, but I have to admit that 1892 to 1996 was a pretty darn good run for a department store!

2 comments:

Lois said...

What a gorgeous building! I remember shopping in department stores like that when I was a kid. That was before there were malls.

Jennerator said...

I remember Hibbard's! My mom and I got my Campfire Girls uniform there.