Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 June 2011

Hillside Gardens



I stopped by Hillside Gardens yesterday to buy some plants for my garden. Not only is Hillside Gardens a nursery, it's an incredible venue for live concerts and weddings, and what's even cooler is that it used to be a junkyard! (I remember going there in search of parts for my '69 Karmann Ghia.) Several years ago a guy named Larry bought the property with all its contents and painstakingly turned it into his own personal work of art. There are several beautifully planted acres dotted with interesting artifacts from the old junkyard, like antique gas pumps, farm implements, ancient sewing machines, and other odds and ends, all cleverly juxtaposed with ponds, pergolas, drifts of flowers, and splashing fountains. Such a nice place for a wedding (and I've shot many weddings at Hillside Gardens!). What's even nicer is that it's only five minutes from my house :o)

3 comments:

Clytie said...

If I ever get the opportunity to visit Colorado Springs, this is one of the first places I will go to! It sounds AMAZING!!!

Gunn said...

I like this image, and the way you created it!

Karl said...

Very good image, I like it!
Greetings, Karl