Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 February 2012

The GOCA


On Thursday Pat and I went to the Gallery of Contemporary Art at UCCS, my alma mater. Since I majored in art, I can say that I've participated in a few student shows in that very gallery. It's been years since I went to an opening there. This one was special though -- it's the retrospective of Louis Cicotello, my favorite art professor and all around great guy. Louis died last year in a climbing accident at the age of 70. Everybody loved Louis, so the turnout for the opening was huge, despite inclement wintry weather. It was great to be surrounded by his art, and great to see some familiar faces as well.

Pat took this photo of the party after the crowd started to thin out. I like how it shows a lot of the art, and the people enjoying themselves.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Interesting sculpture. I love gallery openings.