Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 August 2012

2012 Inline Speed Skating Championships


Pat and I went by the 7-11 Velodrome in Memorial Park yesterday to see if anything was going on, and we found that the 2012 Inline Speed Skating Championships were underway. What a surprise! I had only the dimmest awareness that inline speed skating was a competitive sport, and no inkling whatsoever that our velodrome was ever used for anything but bicycles!  We stuck around for a few minutes and took some pictures.  The guys in the above photo are just doing laps and warming up, this wasn't taken during an actual race.  Maybe I'll try and go back tonight or Tuesday to grab some pictures with a "real" camera and get a closer look at this exciting sport.

2 comments:

Lois said...

How fun! This is a sport I would never try, but would definitely enjoy watching.

Randy said...

I would be on the ground as people skate by.