Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 August 2012

Helen Hunt Falls, looking a little sad :^(


Last month I got to play tour guide for my friends Susana and Vladimir and their daughter, visiting from out of state. Among other things, we went to Helen Hunt Falls to enjoy the scenery. This was taken at the top of the falls, and as you can see, the water level is very low. Take a look at THIS photo that I blogged in July of 2009, taken almost three years to the day from today's picture. That's the actual falls, not the "pre" falls like you see above, but still you can clearly see that the volume of water was much, much, MUCH heavier then.

I certainly hope this coming winter brings at least average snowpack, because Colorado Springs is pretty darn dry right about now.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Wow, what a difference. At least it's not like our little river. After a good snow we're lucky to have water in it for a week. After that nothing.
Nice shot.