Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 October 2012

A magnificent beast


It doesn't get any more Colorado than a 12-point elk standing proudly in his ruggedly beautiful domain, Rocky Mountain National Park! I captured this image two weeks ago when Pat and I scheduled a day trip to photograph fall color and wildlife.  I know it looks like we were the only ones there, but actually there were hordes of people all over the park armed with every kind of camera and lens, lining the sides of the roads as the elk did their best to ignore us.  I actually got a one-of-a-kind shot here though -- a crowd of people was photographing this elk from the other side, but clearly they didn't understand how much better the light was over where I was standing. Not bad, eh?  He looks simply magnificent backlit with the mountains in the background!

6 comments:

Massimo said...

i do agree, magnificent, and so nice...

Randy said...

What a shot! Lucky you.

Karl said...

A magnificent beast and a magnificent photo!

Hilda said...

Magnificent indeed!

Tamera said...

Thanks guys!

Lois said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous picture Tamera! You are so talented.