Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

16 October 2012

My favorite time of year


Two weeks ago Pat and I made a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, over three hours away, to capture the fall color of the aspens and hopefully see some wildlife. The park is famous for its incredible scenery as well as its large herds of elk, which are restless at this time of year because it's mating season. There are several giant meadows where the elk congregate, and if the light is nice and you have a sufficiently long lens, you can play at being a wildlife photographer for a day.

Here's a grove of aspen trees in high color. As you can see, we had a beautiful day for our excursion -- the gold leaves contrasting so beautifully against the brilliant blue sky. It's stunning!

I'll blog a few more pictures from our trip in the coming days, so make sure to come back and look for them!

2 comments:

Randy said...

Awesome shot. I love the Fall too.

Massimo said...

magic colours... nice picture,
ciao ciao