Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

16 December 2013

The sunset picture that wasn't


I've been trying for the past week or so to get a good sunset picture, but circumstances have been conspiring against me! Take last night, for instance. I could see out our kitchen window that it was going to be an amazing sunset. Pat and I rushed to the car, hoping to make it to the Garden of the Gods overlook in time to catch the colors at their peak. Normally it's a 10-15 minute drive, depending on the traffic. On a Sunday night, 10 minutes for certain. But oh no, the guy in this enormous van wasn't having it! He pulled in front of me onto Uintah, a one lane road, and proceeded to drive 20 miles per hour, carefully stopping for every yellow light. He was AGONIZINGLY slow and cautious. After a few minutes of driving behind him, unable to pass (and calling him a few choice names that he should be glad he couldn't hear), I gave up and took this picture from behind the wheel at the corner of Uintah and Hancock as the light finally turned green. By the time I made it the handful of blocks to I-25, the sky was almost completely dark and the color was long gone. Sigh. Maybe I'll have better luck this week.

6 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

I've chased a sunset before now (not in a car mind, using a tram or bus) and I wouldn't condone photography from behind the wheel so I trust you were at least stationery in traffic.

Tamera said...

Yes I was stopped at the light behind this guy. I got the shot just as the light turned green.

SR said...

Such are the times I wish I had a wide-stepped long-ass ladder leading to a safe perch on the roof!

William Kendall said...

It's a beautiful sky regardless.

Isn't it just the way? You're in a hurry, and the World's Most Obnoxious Slow Driver gets right in front of you...

Tamera said...

Every time!

Randy said...

Great skys. I always get stuck behind the slow moving driver when I am trying to find a spot to capture a nice shot.