Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 January 2014

A diamond in the rough


This sad, decrepit, sagging old house is next door to the building that houses my photography studio. Every day I drive past it, and every day it looks a little worse. I've been waiting for the day when it just caves in and turns into a dusty pile of rubble. Over 100 years old, it didn't seem to even have an owner, and I've never seen anyone so much as stand on the front porch, let alone do any kind of maintenance. So I was happily surprised a couple of weeks ago to see a man hard at work, obviously in the process of fixing the old gal up! I was so excited, I went over to introduce myself and ask him a few questions. It turns out that a lady bought the place and hired him to rehab it, in order to make into some sort of office I think. I'm not necessarily 100% on board with what she has in mind for the place (which if I understood him correctly includes a wall of glass brick -- ?!?!?), but I'm certain it will look a whole lot less depressing than it looks right now, and I am TOTALLY okay with that!

I took this picture on Friday, as a "before the makeover" official photo. After he's finished the work, I'll take an "after" picture for you, and you can tell me what you think :^)

2 comments:

Randy said...

What a sweet looking place.

Linda said...

Wow, they are very ambitious! Looks like it's beyond help to me.