Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 July 2014

35th Annual Mopar Mile High Nationals at Bandimere Speedway


The Mile High Nationals were held at Bandimere Speedway in Golden over the weekend (that is, dragsters, funny cars, motorcycles, etc). Pat had tickets for Sunday's races, and since I couldn't go, I sent a camera with him so he could take some pictures. I'm sorry I missed it -- it looks like it was a ton of fun! Here are some of my favorites of the many great pictures that Pat took. Thanks for being my guest blogger today, Pat!



Look at the size of this engine!

As you can see, thousands were in attendance. It's a very popular event.

Pat was able to get really close to the cars and crews. How cool is that?

This is my favorite part, when they spin their tires to heat them up. It's awesome! Good shot, Pat!

After his qualifying race, legendary driver John Force drove around the perimeter on  a motorcycle and waved at the fans. As you can see, they enthusiastically cheered and waved back.
Can you see the flames coming out of the tailpipes of these dragsters? Awesome!

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite an eclectic set of shots... I liked the Stark Industries decal on one of those engines.

Tamera said...

Good catch, William. Stark Enterprises, ha!

Randy said...

I've been to the races once. I couldn't hear for a few days after.