Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

09 December 2014

El Chapultepec


Do you love live jazz? I do, and I used to seek it out often, but in the last decade I've gotten out of the habit (sadly). There was a time when we'd jump in the car on a whim and drive to Denver to catch some bebop, and the two places we'd end up were either the Mercury Lounge or the legendary El Chapultepec. This hole in the wall on 20th and Market opened in 1933, it's still open every night, and every night it's on fire with virtuoso live jazz. It's an absolutely fantastic experience. All the greats have played at El Chapultepec:  Chet Baker, Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald... even President Clinton played his horn here! If you're ever in Denver and you want to hear some VERY good music, this is the place.  I just read that the owner passed away a couple of years ago, but no doubt the beat lives on in this little bar. Definitely go.


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy the music in there, then!

Lois said...

Looks like a wonderful place and what a history!