Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 December 2014

Toys for Tots!

On Saturday afternoon, I had lunch with my mother and then we went shopping. As I was driving her home, we noticed this giant inflatable U.S. Marine on the corner of Rangewood and Austin Bluffs, in the Walgreens parking lot. (He was a little hard to miss!) Naturally we stopped for a picture. There were several active duty and retired Marines on hand, and one of the older gentlemen explained to me that they were volunteering for Toys for Tots, a very worthy non-profit that collects toys for underprivileged children every Christmas. As I was leaving, I spied a guy wearing an Imperial Stormtrooper costume, posing for pictures with passersby. Of course I had to pose for a photo with him too before I left!

I'm the one on the left. ;-)

4 comments:

from Madrid said...

These days one finds many things!

Tomás.

William Kendall said...

That's a good cause!

"This is not the photographer you're looking for."

"This is not the photographer we're looking for."

"She can go about her business."

"You can go about your business."

Tamera said...

May the farce be with you, William! ;^)

Randy said...

Nice shots and a good cause.