Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 March 2015

Mmmmm, doughnuts


You just can't have too many drive-thru doughnut shops in a city. For the last many years we've only had one measly Dunkin' Donuts in town. We had a Krispy Kreme for a while, a few years ago, but for some reason it abruptly closed its doors after just a few months in business (which I thought was odd, because they always had a queue, day or night). It was a very sad state of affairs indeed, until I discovered this brand new Dunkin' Donuts last week on Austin Bluffs Parkway, east of Union and west of Academy. Huzzah! I know it's silly to get excited about a doughnut shop, but I looooooooooove doughnuts! Don't you? What's your favorite flavor?

I've heard tales of a locally owned doughnut shop called Amy's -- in fact, my brother has been nagging me to check it out for some time now. He says it's positively legendary. Sigh. I guess I'll have to FORCE myself to go and sample their wares sometime soon. The things I do for my blog! ;^) 

6 comments:

from Madrid said...

Thank you for the informations you give us, that are good and interesting.

Tomás.

William Kendall said...

Up here we're infested with Tim Hortons. It might be un-Canadian of me to admit I never go in.

Anonymous said...


A friend of a friend owns this place. I have never tried it (and don't live in Colorado Springs), but in the interest of research you surely have to drop by:

http://southernmaidcolorado.com/

Tamera said...

Oooo, aaah! I will have to try Southern Maid donuts, thanks for the tip!

cieldequimper said...

I try to avoid doughnuts!!! At all costs!

Randy said...

Lemon filled for me!