Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

30 April 2015

Kokopelli will never die


Ah yes, one of the several life-sized Kokopelli figures at the El Colorado Lodge, a hotel just inside Manitou Springs city limits. Kokopelli was all the rage in the 1990s. You could find him on t-shirts, ashtrays, bumper stickers, keychains, you name it. He was everywhere. Heck, one of my acquaintances even got a Kokopelli tattoo (I bet she regrets that now!). If you ask me, he's a bit passé now, but don't tell the owners of this hotel! ;^) 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

It certainly does stand out. I don't recall the trend, so it might not have made it out of the West.

Lois said...

I do like the colors!

Randy said...

He sure gets around.