Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 May 2016

The (very cool) CS Utilities Demonstration Garden


Not to be confused with yesterday's post about the Monument Valley Park Demonstration Garden, today's post focuses on water-wise gardening! "Water-wise" doesn't have to mean cactus, yucca and tumbleweed ;^) If you visit the Colorado Springs Utilities Xeriscape Demonstration Garden on Mesa Road, just west and north of Coronado High School, you'll see an enormous variety of beautiful flowers and plants that work very well in this arid climate. It's also a nice, tranquil place to just hang out and enjoy a quiet afternoon (and the view from up there can't be beat!). If you're in the process of planting a garden and you need some ideas, inspiration and information, this is an excellent local resource. I highly recommend you take an hour to visit it and be inspired!
Here's a cool feature that I haven't noticed in previous visits: there are several demo gardens  at the back of the property that address very specific gardening challenges of our climate and topography. For instance, if you live in a part of town that has a high fire risk, or if you live on the prairie... you get the idea. Lots of ideas and information!
Good advice!
And practical advice :^)

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful colours, and the bunny seems to like it!

Gunn said...

What an interesting and beautiful posting!