Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

12 October 2016

The Little Market is back!


Shooks Run residents and downtowners have something to celebrate: the Little Market is back! I blogged about the Little Market two years ago, because it had closed its doors forever and a couple of my friends were trying to open a restaurant/bar in the vacant building. That idea never came to fruition, but I'm happy to report that a handful of local investors have stepped up and reopened the place! It's now called the Willamette Market and Deli, and it's described as an "organic, regional, sustainable, community focused market and hotdog deli." I love it.

This is great news for that neighborhood. The Little Market first opened its doors in 1902, and it had always been there, through multiple changes of ownership over the years, until 2013, when the last proprietors finally gave up in the face of WalMart's new "market" on Union just north of Palmer Park Blvd. This is a sad but familiar story of large corporations putting mom and pop shops out of business. I'm confident that the new incarnation of this place will hold its own quite well against the behemoth though, with its focus on organic, healthy and locally sourced food and products. Not just a convenience store, but a food boutique. Fantastic! The Willamette Market and Deli is already open, so I will go and check it out as soon as possible (possibly today!), but the official Grand Opening is on Saturday, October 29th. You should go!

3 comments:

from Madrid said...

The important thing is that have everything and accessible.

Tomás.

Bill said...

Hopefully people will embrace it and allow it to flourish. Much much better than the bigger corporations. The neighborhood is better for having this store back. I wish it good luck!

William Kendall said...

Well that's good.