Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 July 2017

July 2017 Theme Day: Motion


I'm getting this post in just under the wire, but better late than never! (What can I say, I've got weddings queued up on my hard drive and there's no rest for the wicked!) The first of every month is Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers, and this month's theme is motion. Pat and I went to Guanella Pass a couple of weekends ago, where I was able to get these photos of water in motion, the exact idea that I'd been toying with for Theme Day. How lucky for me that Guanella Pass is so beautiful and features lots of rushing cascades like these!

I used a tripod and very slow shutter speeds to get the water to look so silky. At the bottom of the post, you'll see the same three subjects captured with fast shutter speeds, freezing the motion instead of blurring it. Which effect to you prefer?

For more interpretations of motion by bloggers all over the planet, click HERE. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I cannot make a choice because I like every single photo! Because water is so fluid, it makes a perfect subject for the theme. Glad you made the deadline!!

Linda said...

The first one is spectacular!

William Kendall said...

What a rush!