Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 December 2008

The Cornerstone Arts Center at CC


This rather interesting structure is the newest addition to the Colorado College, which has its campus in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs. It's called the Cornerstone Arts Center and it's just a few doors down from where my studio used to be located. I moved to a new location about a mile north of here in May, so it's been a while since I've spent any time on foot on this particular block of real estate in my city. On Saturday I decided that the Cornerstone Arts Center would make a nice subject for my blog, so I took a little walk around it and snapped a few photos. It's the first time I've ever taken a good look at this building. It really stands out in our downtown full of old Victorian mansions.

One of my brides (I'm a wedding photographer) is actually a construction worker believe it or not, and she helped construct this building during the time period surrounding her wedding a couple of summers ago. She didn't have much of an opinion on it -- to her it was another day's work. I heard it was kind of a controversial structure because it's so modern and different looking, but I've decided I like it very much.

2 comments:

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Well gosh, it's an arts center, what's it supposed to look like, a gymnasium from 1920? Most arts centers have modern design, and tend to stand out because, duh, it's ART! haha

I love the partial reflection of the Rockies in the mirrored exterior. What a neat contrast, that golden foreground of what looks like native plains grass, with the blue-purple mountains. Pretty colors!

Lois said...

I like it too!