Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 July 2009

Famous Colorado Springs residents: Rick "Goose" Gossage


Colorado Springs native and pro baseball hall of famer Rick "Goose" Gossage is a big local celebrity. He's very active in the local sporting community, and the city built a sports park/complex in his name over 10 years ago. The Gossage Sports Complex features a couple of baseball diamonds, several soccer fields, a skate park and some BMX trails. It's in use all year round -- not a day goes by when someone isn't making good use of that park!

When I worked at Shewmakers Camera Shop downtown many years ago, Mr. Gossage was a frequent customer. During that time he was playing for either the Yankees or the Rangers, and my co-worker Peter would always get a little starstruck when the Goose dropped in. As for me, I was just awe of his sheer size: 6'-3", about 250 pounds. Goose Gossage is a Great Big Dude. Last year he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, and it was in all the news. When the local TV stations interviewed him as the announcement was made, he got really choked up. I thought it was pretty cool to see such a big, macho guy show his emotions like that.

1 comment:

Clytie said...

Sounds like a genuinely nice dude doing some great things in Colorado Springs.