Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 August 2009

Red Rocks


Red Rocks Park and Ampitheatre is located in Morrison, Colorado, west of Denver. You've probably heard of it -- it's only the best place in the whole world to see a concert! (Not that I'm biased!)

I have a client who's asked me to take family portraits there this weekend, so Pat and I did a little reconnaisance mission on Thursday to check it out. It's the first time I've ever just driven around the park for leisure. It's gorgeous! Very much like the Garden of the Gods here in Colorado Springs. Even though it was gloomy and raining (and yes there was a concert going on, poor fans probably got soaked!), you can see how beautiful the park is. I can't wait for the portrait shoot!

4 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

We saw Fleetwood Mac and Pat Benatar at Red Rocks in the '70s. When Stevie Nicks 'it only thunders when it's raining", itdid.

Lois said...

I've always wanted to go to a concert there ever since I saw a Stevie Nicks concert there on TV a long time ago. It looks like a beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

Have you done the shoot? Did you have a favorite location? I'm headed up there Saturday.

Tamera said...

I did do the shoot! Thank goodness we had much better weather. The whole place is good for pictures if you ask me. Obviously avoid the large parking lots, but everything else is just gorgeous.