Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 September 2009

The empty mall


I took this image at Chapel Hills Mall on July 18th while waiting for Pat to get his hair cut. The salon he goes to is on the upper level; right in front of it there's an atrium that gives you view to the lower level.

The mall is such a great place for people watching! Unfortunately July is a slow time for shopping, and I was in a less-trafficked area. I had to wait quite a while for someone to walk through my frame and make my picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice shot. Has the feeling of emptiness.

Lois said...

I like that shot Tamera! Unfortunately there is a mall near me that looks like this all the time. I think it's only a matter of time before it closes.

Hilda said...

Love your composition of this photo!
If you were here, you'd have the opposite problem — too many people! You'd have to wait for them to disperse then shoot quickly! ;)