Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 December 2009

The birds


On December 24th I had lunch with my mom and brother at the Broadmoor, and afterward we took a little stroll around the hotel. As we were walking back across the lake to leave, we noticed hundreds of Canada geese flying around in circles above us, squawking like crazy and refusing to land. I've never seen such a thing -- it was right out of a Hitchcock movie! They raised quite a ruckus! My brother and mom ran for it, wisely getting out of the way of any potential bird bombs raining down on the hapless humans below, but of course I had to stop and get a few pictures. (Luckily I avoided getting pooped on.) This picture really doesn't show the extent of the chaos and weirdness, so take what you see here and multiply it by about 20, then imagine the din of hundreds of squawking geese to truly get an idea of it all. It really was the strangest thing!

5 comments:

Lois said...

I would have loved that, except for the poop! They really look great against that beautiful blue sky.

Louis la Vache said...

It has been some 25 years since «Louis» has been to Colorado Springs, but he immediately recognized the building as the Broadmoor!

lizziviggi said...

It is a great shot-- what a blue sky behind all those birds! Wonder why they didn't fly south for the winter? Maybe they were confused, and flying around in circles saying "Hey! This doesn't look like California!"

Tamera said...

They probably hang around here because they get fed! ;o)

Clytie said...

The hotel looks so peaceful ...
The birds look so busy ...

Great photo!