Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

12 December 2009

Michelangelo in the making


Last Saturday I helped judge an annual art contest for our largest local school district. I was in charge of judging the photography entries (go figure), and after I finished with my duties I wandered around looking at the other art. I was so impressed with this painting that was done by a six year old. In fact, all of the judges fell in love with it. At first I thought it was a painting of a goat, but after reading the artist's statement I learned that it depicts the family dog. Okay, maybe it doesn't look so much like a dog but take a close look at this painting! Look how prominently the dog is featured, and look at the horizon line and how it recedes naturally, just like it does in real life. Fantastic! I find it astonishing that a first grader can see, grasp and paint three dimensions so effectively. Needless to say, this painting was the big winner!

2 comments:

Paula said...

What a charming painting. I can see a whole line of children's books based on the character!

Clytie said...

Definitely a winner in my book as well!!! Wow!!