Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 May 2010

Santa Christ


I hope you enjoyed the pictures from our vacation! Now back to Colorado Springs: on April 3rd, famous artist Ron English was in town to make a film entitled Santa Christ. Basically, anyone and everyone was asked to show up at America the Beautiful park dressed as Santa, and an effigy of Santa was eventually launched into the skies attached to a bunch of helium balloons. I missed the whole thing because I was in Woodland Park doing some family portraits (darn it!). Quite a few of my friends attended and/or participated, though, including the talented Carol Dass. Carol captured this image and donated it to the blog. (Thanks Carol!) I have no idea what the artist's message was, but I suppose like any art it's open to interpretation by the viewer, good or bad.

You can view a short video of the Santa Christ event on Ron English's website here:
http://www.popaganda.com/blog1.php/2010/04/03/santa-christ-ascends-easter-2010

No comments: