Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

27 September 2010

The Sharp Mansion


This beautiful home at 1600 N. Cascade in the Old North End, not far from my studio, is called the Sharp Mansion. I (and probably many other long-time Colorado Springs residents) personally know it as the old Red Cross building. When I was in college, my boyfriend at the time had a part-time job at the Red Cross, so I am one of the lucky ones who've actually seen the interior of this magnificent place. I truly can't describe the grandeur, even though at the time it was in use as basically an office building! Some time in the last few years a family bought it. I remember seeing a swingset in the yard and thinking, wow, lucky kids live there!

Lately, the Sharp Mansion has come up for sale. Imagine living here -- well here's your chance! (And at over 13,500 square feet, you'd better have a lot of cashola just to furnish the place.) The asking price is a cool $2.25 million. If only I could win the Lotto this week!

ETA (12 January 2012): I see the asking price has been lowered to $1,995,000. A bargain!

3 comments:

Lois said...

What a gorgeous old place! I would love to wander around in there for awhile.

Anonymous said...

My family lived in the apartment above the 3 car garage. I was in 3rd grade, my sister in Kindergarten @ Taylor Elm 1979, 80. We would sit on the steps in the basement when they would give CPR classes. I was in charge of emptying the trash cans at the desks in the offices.

Tamera said...

That's a cool story, thanks for sharing it with us!