Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

26 December 2010

The eclipse


On Monday, December 20th I shot a wedding all day, and when I got home I was extremely tired. I had forgotten that there was going to be an eclipse that night until all my friends on Facebook started posting pictures every other minute. Still, I was too exhausted to go out in the yard and witness this wondrous event. But Pat pestered me endlessly! Finally I agreed to go outside at about 1:30am, and since I had a bunch of cameras within arm's reach I grabbed one on the way out. I'm glad I did. The moon looked incredible! I snapped off a few frames (which isn't easy when your eyes are so bleary you can't see straight, your arms feel like noodles, and your lower back is screaming -- basically how I feel after every wedding!). For you photography buffs: Nikon D700, 80-200 f:2.8 @ f:3.5, 1/100 of a second, ASA 6400, manually focused and handheld. Oh and cropped quite a lot.

2 comments:

Rob Siemann said...

Fantastic shot!

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» is happy you posted this. He missed the eclipse, so this gives him a good idea of what he missed.
;-D