Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 December 2010

A Filipino snack


Yesterday I went to the sari-sari store (Filipino market) on Chelton and Academy, to buy supplies for a big Filipino dinner I was planning on cooking for some friends. As I was paying for my purchase I noticed these eggs on the counter next to me. No, those are not pretty Easter eggs. They're balut, a popular snack in the Philippines (and for heaven's sake do not click on the link unless you're really, really curious!). Even though I grew up in the Philippines, I never could bring myself to eat balut. Let's just say you have to be 100% Filipino to appreciate it, and I'm only half. The American in me prevails when faced with the option of eating balut! Ha! The lady at the sari-sari store told me I should just eat it with the lights off (and if you clicked on the link you'll understand the joke). Somehow that didn't convince me ;o)

5 comments:

Pat said...

Oh.....I clicked....and wish I hadn't! Not for me, though they're a lovely color....

Lois said...

I think I'll just prefer to think of them as Easter eggs after clicking on that link!

Tamera said...

I told you not to click on it! Ha ha!

The Girl said...

OH EW! I didn't even HAVE to click on the link. I've heard of Balut before (YAY JOSH GATES & DESTINATION TRUTH!) and ugh...how can ANYONE eat it?

Charlotte Geary said...

I shouldn't have clicked! My eyes! lol!