Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 December 2010

Lorig's Western Wear


My birthday is coming up in a couple of days. I told Pat I'd like some cowboy boots for my present, since I don't own a pair. I think that's kind of pathetic. I've lived in Colorado for over 30 years. At some point it becomes a moral imperative to own a piece of western wear if you live here. Don't get me wrong, I've owned cowboy boots in the past, and somewhere in a closet I've got a rumpled old cowboy hat.

The place to buy western wear in Colorado Springs is Lorig's, which has been around for generations. A couple of years ago they moved to a new location near my house. Handy! I've never been in Lorig's before. I was so impressed. They had the most amazing selection of beautiful boots. I fell in love with all of them! I tried on many pairs, but unfortunately I do not have the kind of feet that take kindly to cowboy boots (a little wide, and a very high instep -- cowboy boots just absolutely kill me), so I did not walk out of Lorig's with a pair. Sigh. But it sure was fun trying them on!

2 comments:

Jennifer Ressmann said...

Hi Tamara - I found your site while searching Colorado Recycling. It looks like a lot of fun - every day a new photo.

And, I thought it was funny when you mentioned your feet not taking kindly to cowboy boots. I mean really - do anyones'? Those narrow pointy boots. I have a pair I love to wear - but sometimes I wonder when Dansko is going to come out with a pair of cowboy boot clogs.

:) jennifer - golden, co

Tamera said...

I totally agree Jennifer! I think people with narrow feet fare much better. Unfortunately I have fat feet. * sigh * Now if Dansko ever came out with cowboy boots I'd be all over it!