Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

12 February 2011

Untitled


Casting way, waaaaaaay back into the dark recesses of my memory, I dimly recall a lecture in my college Art History 101 course about the three different types of classic columns. This is an example of an Ionic column (as opposed to a Corinthian column, which is a bit flirtier I think, or the rather sober Doric -- see, I do remember my expensive education!). The curlicue section at the top is called the capital. These particular columns hold up the porch roof on the western facade of the McWilliams House, next to Grace Episcopal Church. When I took this photo last September, the McWilliams House was undergoing an extensive restoration. I wonder how far they've gotten? Are these columns still looking a bit shabby, or have they been restored to their former glory? I'll have to go back and take another picture very soon, I think!

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

tapirgal said...

A truly wonderful house and well-captured detail! Yay for the remembrance of Greek Art History! :)