Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 June 2011

Arapahoe Acres


My brother Chuck and I went to Denver the other day to check out the HGTV Green Home (see yesterday's post), and while we were there I thought he'd like to see Arapahoe Acres, a small neighborhood crammed with amazing examples of midcentury modern architecture. If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that Pat and I are HUGE fans of modernism, and so is Chuck! Arapahoe Acres really is the coolest neighborhood ever, and it's literally two blocks from my best friend Jenn's house. Because of the architectural significance of the homes, the entire neighborhood has been designated as a historic district (and I would be willing to bet that a high percentage of architects live there!). I snapped photos of a couple of homes as we drove through -- it was hard to restrain myself from photographing every last one of them, but I didn't want to look like a creepy stalker! Here's one of them. Sigh. Wouldn't it be awesome to live in such a groovy house?!?

No comments: