Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 June 2014

'64 Ford Galaxie 500


On Sunday afternoon Pat and I stopped by O'Reilly Auto Parts on the west side, where we spotted this incredibly nice Ford convertible in the parking lot. The owner was an elderly gentleman by the name of Joe, and he kindly let me take some pictures of his baby. It's a '64 Galaxie 500 in perfect condition. My family had a Ford Galaxie for a few months when I was a kid in the '70s -- ours was a '65 model year I think, and it was just an interim car, meant as a "placeholder" until we got a new one upon returning to the U.S. from the Philippines. I also remember how we mocked that poor automobile, calling it a "clunker" or worse, because to us it was just an old car. Silly us. Little did we know that it would become a highly collectible classic car years later! I hope it's still out there somewhere, with a proud owner like Joe who takes good care of it.

4 comments:

Lois said...

What a wonderful old car! I love that it is red. My grandfather had a Ford Fairlane 500 when I was a kid. It even had air conditioning, which was one of those old units that sat under the dashboard kind of like a window unit you would have in a house. He was so proud of that car!

William Kendall said...

That's a real beauty!

LuiZ FernandoS said...

At that time I adored the Impalas

Randy said...

My kind of car.