Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 December 2014

A blue bird, but not a bluebird


Pat and I spotted this lovely little blue bird yesterday afternoon at the Garden of the Gods. I don't think it's a Steller's Jay, and it's not a bluebird. Can anyone tell me what kind of bird this is? It's beautiful!

6 comments:

Mr T said...

One of these fellas maybe http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/western_scrub-jay/id ? A truly striking bird and I bet it was one of those moments when you scrabble for the camera hoping the bird'll stay where it is long enough not just for you to get a photo, but one that's actually in focus and of a usable exposure!

Stefan Jansson said...

I can't identify it but it's a colorful bird.

Lois said...

I think it is a western scrub jay too and it is gorgeous! Here is another link:
http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/108/overview/Western_Scrub-Jay.aspx

Tamera said...

Thanks guys! A western scrub jay. What a pretty bird!

Mr. T, you are so right -- he only parked himself there for a few seconds, and I had to be so fast to get a picture! I only shot three frames and this is the only one where you can see his face. I was lucky because I just happened to have my camera in my hands at the moment. I had been taking a picture of Pikes Peak when this little guy landed right in front of me!

William Kendall said...

He is quite a beauty!

Andy said...

He sure is a beaut.