Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

14 May 2016

The Old Colorado City Carnegie Library


Last week I had a library book to return, but instead of going to the downtown branch where I usually go, I decided stray a little farther afield and drop it off at the Old Colorado City branch. Believe it or not, in all the years I've lived here, I have never been inside that particular library! It's the only one in the city I've never been to, which is a crime because I've always been intrigued by it. I'm so glad I went, because I was absolutely charmed. It's obviously a popular branch, small and cozy and lovely and old. The best libraries are old libraries. This one was built in 1904. You can read a little bit about its history HERE, if you're interested.

I will certainly make more excuses to visit the west side library. There's no reason why I should always go to the same one all the time!

A section of the mosaic in the parking lot's retaining wall. Good advice :^)

3 comments:

from Madrid said...

I like to visit the libraries, at home you can not have all the books.

Tomás.

William Kendall said...

That is a beautiful one. The main branch of our library system used to be a Carnegie- they tore it down in the 70s and replaced it with a rather ugly new version. Now the city's talking about replacing that one.

I don't know if any of the other branches are Carnegies.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I'm glad it's still standing and used. They tore down the one in our community about 20 years ago for a corporate campus.