Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 March 2017

Burning down the house


This is one of my favorite little buildings in Colorado Springs. I could have sworn that I blogged a picture of it in better days, but if I did, I can't find the post. You can find this tiny old building on the far west side on Colorado Avenue, just before you go through the arch to enter Manitou Springs. Unfortunately it mysteriously caught fire a couple of weeks ago, and as you can see, it's pretty much destroyed. I'm sad! I'm sure it's been there since at least the 1930s. I don't know if it's been in use lately (it seems to have had a number of different commercial tenants over the last few years, none of them staying for long). I wonder what caused the fire. I'm sure this little building is too mall and insignificant for its owner to think about restoring. It'll probably just be razed. Sad face :^(

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I imagine you're right.