Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 August 2017

Florissant Schoolhouse



This beautifully preserved schoolhouse in Florissant, about 35 minutes west of Colorado Springs, was built in 1887. The small building to the right, just barely visible in this photo, was the teacher's quarters, and was built around 1907. The school closed in 1960. Both buildings have been lovingly restored and maintained, and are in use today as the headquarters of the Florissant Grange.

Here's a picture of the school as it appeared in its early years. As you can see, it still looks almost exactly the same, a century or more on.



1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Good that it has been preserved.