Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 August 2018

Road Trip to Durango (Part 1)


At the beginning of August, Pat and I headed to Durango to visit our friend Brent for a couple of days. It's a beautiful drive, but sadly one of the prettiest legs, La Veta Pass, is very badly burned from the Spring Creek Fire. It looks like this for miles and miles. The fire started on June 27th and was caused by arson, and the damage has been extensive: over 108,000 acres burned. I believe only one Colorado fire has burned more acreage, the Hayman Fire in 2002, which claimed 138,114 acres. It was also human caused (ironically, a forestry technician with the Forest Service inadvertently set it off). The Hayman Fire was 16 years ago and its burn area still looks charred and dead. I guess I'm grateful for the almost daily heavy rains we've been getting lately. At least it discourages fire.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The power of fire... especially it seems this year.