Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 September 2018

The 2018 State Fair (Part 4)


The handicrafts you see at the fair are something else! There's everything from painstakingly hand-beaded moccasins to dresses made entirely of duct tape. Some of the quilts blow my mind. I love to sew but I can't imagine working with so many tiny pieces of fabric -- the thought of it gives me a migraine. Yes, the crafts are especially amazing, but I think if I were lucky enough to officially judge anything at the fair, I'd prefer to work with the pies, cakes and breads. I feel like when it comes to eating, I'm a very qualified individual. 😉
This piece made me so happy! It was a cross stitch sampler called "Women Are the Real Architects of Society" and it featured influential women throughout history, including my own personal heroine, Amelia Earhart. So cool!
When I was a child, my mom made a quilt for me featuring hand embroidered animals like this on each square. I still have it.
What a cool quilt! Very creative!
This period gown is insane. An absolutely mind-boggling amount of work must have gone into it, and it's absolutely perfect. There was also a matching capelet.
Meanwhile, this dress was made entirely of duct tape! Clever!
There were even matching ballet flats!
Last but not least, what a beautiful, hand beaded, bib-style necklace! Wow!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The first and last shots are my favourite. Amazing work.

Kate said...

I agree with Kendall; beaded work is always beautiful!